V-Ray for Softimage Now Available
V-Ray for Softimage looks to unite the rendering workflow for VFX and
With support for Softimage's award-winning ICE system, dynamic geometry, and
V-Ray Proxy objects, V-Ray for Softimage supports the size and complexity of
even the most demanding scenes.
Its physically based toolset, including versatile shaders, lights, and cameras,
makes it possible to standardize rendering workflow with the quality, speed, and
stability of the V-Ray core.
"The future of high-end VFX work lies in integration: a single pipeline with
multiple modeling applications. V-Ray for Softimage brings that vision a step
closer. The power of ICE, the elegant animation and rigging tools now work with
the most advanced renderer on the market. 'One V-Ray on all platforms' is a
strategy that makes sense for small and large 3D shops alike" said Kamen
Lilov, Chaos Group Product Manager, V-Ray for Softimage.
Rendering by Rémi Morisset (AXYZ)
Key Features in V-Ray for Softimage:
- Render particles, strands, hair, and geometry produced by Softimage's
award-winning ICE system.
- Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry
with V-Ray Proxy.
- Render dynamic geometry such as displacement, proxy objects, fur, and
- Use all geometry animation and deformations applied through animated
parameters and key frames, the Animation Mixer, and ICE-based simulations.
- Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile
- Use built-in Render Tree procedural shaders, computational, and logic
- Simplify the texturing process and eliminate the need to assign UVs
- Simplify the creation of complex multi-layered automotive paints using
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed using
Lights & Illumination
- Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light.
- Create realistic illumination using physically-based lights, including
IES lights and texture-mapped area lights.
- Emulate real-world atmospheric lighting conditions using the V-Ray Sun
and Sky system.
Cameras & Optics
- Render true 3D motion blur using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Create fast and accurate depth of field with bokeh effects using the
V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Import displacement maps from Nuke to match lens distortion.
Rendering by Simon Reeves (LemonGood)
Softimage supported features
- ICE support - render geometry produced by the award-winning
Softimage ICE system, including particles, strands, hair, ICE-managed color
arithmetic, all fully animated.
- Animated parameters - V-Ray will efficiently render Softimage
objects with animated parameters and an arbitrary number of keyframes. All
geometry modifications and many color-oriented animatable parameters are
- Strong render tree support - V-Ray supports dozens of the
procedural shader node types for the Softimage render tree, and new ones are
added on a regular basis and made available through service packs.
- Weightmaps - apply transformations to geometry or color
attributes of a scene on a per-vertex basis with full support for Softimage
- V-Ray Sun and Sky - create realistic outdoor scenes with
physically accurate lighting and atmosphere effects, while maintaining
control over rendering times.
Rendering by Rémi Morisset (AXYZ)
V-Ray supported features
- Support for efficient material layering.
- Support for PTex textures.
- V-RayToon shader.
- Support for dispersion in refractions for VRayMtl.
- Physically accurate lights.
- Efficient illumination from HDR environments.
- Lens distortion through Nuke displacement maps.
- Option to turn off camera motion blur.
- Shutter efficiency for motion blur.
- Support for additional render elements.
- Output of multi-channel scanline OpenEXR files with data-window.
- Depth of field with bokeh effects.
- Accurate motion blur.
- Support for .vrscene output for rendering with V-Ray Standalone.
- Softimage 7.0
- Softimage 7.5
- Softimage 2010
- Softimage 2011
- Softimage 2011 SAP
- Softimage 2012
- Softimage 2012 SAP
(64-bit supported on all platforms)
||This product is distributed via download and shipment
- Please allow up to 1 business day for your download link to become available.
- Software is downloaded but requires shipped licensing dongle.
||Limited Time Offer!
Buy now and receive free shipping on your licensing dongle!
Canada, USA and Mexico only.
*Does not include 'Customs' charge if your country requires it.
Please Note: This product is available to customers
located within North America, Central America and the Caribbean Islands only.
For a full list of allowable territories, please