VRay for SketchUp Manual
Open Chairs-GI.skp file. Select ground the objects. Click in "Material Editor"
over the V-Ray toolbar, right click in "Scene Materials" then select "Add
Material" and click "AddVRayMtl. Material Editor will show a new material named
"DefaultMaterial" under Scene Material.
2. Rename this new material as Ground.
Right click over Ground material and choose "apply material objects".
The file sets V-Ray Options to GI and has GI environment light and background
color. Hidden Lights and Default Lights are closed. Other options remain
3. Select Diffuse to enter color
selections .V-Ray's default color is R128, G128, B128. Change the color to
light gray as: R230, G230, B230 then exit.
4. Right click on Ground material. Select
Duplicate and rename as Chair-Orange.
5. Left click on the empty spot to
deselect the objects. Go to Top view and select the chair from top left to
bottom right. Then go back to Material Editor and right click on Chair-Orange
and select Apply material to objects.
|V-Ray automatically updates the changes of
materials to the objects . It is not necessary to apply the material
6. Click on Diffuse and change the color
to R248, G134, B0 (orange) and exit.
7. Render and see if you get the same
result like the image below.
8. Duplicate the Chair-Orange material
and rename it as Chair-Green. Repeat 06 and set the value to R127, G255, B178
9. Apply this Chair-Green material to the
bottom right cup.
10. Duplicate the Chair-Green and rename
it as Chair- Red . Repeat 06 again and set the value to R244, G40, and B11 this
11. Select the chair on top and apply the
Chair-Red material to it.
12. Render and see if you can get the
same result as the image below.